Monday, September 19, 2005

Visitors

Last night my dad came to town for work. So I drove downtown and picked him up to go out to dinner and see my place. I just got into my new apt. so I showed him the place. He really liked the neighborhood. It was nice to get to see him, I don't think I've seen him since Feb. or March.

The apt community I'm moving into has a 2.5 mile nature trail in it and Saturday I walked a little of it. HOLY SPIDERS! I saw HUGE spiders that looked like bumble bees with thick black legs. The webs were also huge, like a foot and a half diameter. The whole time I was on the trail I kept feeling like i was walking through cobwebs and gonna get spiders on me it was freaky. In addition, there is a huge daddy long legs living on the ceiling of my porch...so I'm pretty much not planning on going out there. EVER.

I heard that daddy long legs are have the most deadly venom but because their fangs are so far back they can't open their jaws wide enough to bite humans. And here they actually encourage people to leave the spiders in their home....eeewwwwwww.

Ok, so it's no secret I don't like bugs...or any sort of creepy crawlies. I once had a cricket in my old apt. in Texas, it was somewhere in my bathroom (in the drain of the tub I thought), and the chirps kept echoing and waking me up. So I did what any normal person and poured all my cleaning products down the drain of the tub, as to kill the bug. Then I shut the door to the bathroom and shoved towels under the crack, as to trap the bug in the bathroom so it wouldn't get me while I slept. Ok, you might think this a little extreme, but the crickets in Texas are HUGE. They're like an inch to two long, and fat, and black, and they're everywhere. Ok, well I could go on, but my skin is starting to crawl with the memories....ewwwww.

4 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Genevieve said...

Hi there. I live in the Arbors at Village at Lake Park. I hate to tell you this, but get out before summer hits!! The bugs are 15x worse in the summer, and these little black worms start crawling all over the apartments - especially on the ground floors. I'm moving in March, and can't wait to leave! It's a shame, too... it's was soo nice.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Genevieve said...

Hi there. I live in the Arbors at Village at Lake Park. I hate to tell you this, but get out before summer hits!! The bugs are 15x worse in the summer, and these little black worms start crawling all over the apartments - especially on the ground floors. I'm moving in March, and can't wait to leave! It's a shame, too... it's was soo nice.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Genevieve said...

Hi there. I live in the Arbors at Village at Lake Park. I hate to tell you this, but get out before summer hits!! The bugs are 15x worse in the summer, and these little black worms start crawling all over the apartments - especially on the ground floors. I'm moving in March, and can't wait to leave! It's a shame, too... it's was soo nice.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Genevieve said...

Hi there. I live in the Arbors at Village at Lake Park. I hate to tell you this, but get out before summer hits!! The bugs are 15x worse in the summer, and these little black worms start crawling all over the apartments - especially on the ground floors. I'm moving in March, and can't wait to leave! It's a shame, too... it's was soo nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home